Here at Spot On Gifts we respect your privacy and do all we can to protect your personal data. In this privacy notice we have set out a summary of what we are and how we collect and process your information in order to run our business and provide services and products to you. Spot On Gifts is a trading name of The Game Xchange Limited.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy sets out the privacy & cookies policy of Spot On Gifts which is a trading name of The Game Xchange Limited, whose registered address is at Unit 5 & 6, Abercorn Commercial Centre, Manor Farm Road, Wembley, HA0 1AN, United Kingdom, who controls this website. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Spot On Gifts.
Personal details must be submitted to Spot On Gifts in order to activate a trade account, consent to collect and use this information in order to provide our services will be taken upon registering for a trade account. If at any time you wish to change the uses of your personal information to which you have consented, please contact us at email@example.com
2. Collection of Personal Information
The types of personal information collected and stored by Spot On Gifts might include your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and related legislation (“GDPR”).
Spot On Gifts may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to Spot On Gifts to register on its website or receive email alerts or other communications from Spot On Gifts
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to Spot On Gifts when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information
3. Legal Basis for Processing Data
We collect and use your data as stated above, the legal basis for processing this data is as follows:
- In accordance with your consent, which you may revoke at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- In order to protect your vital interests or those of others
4. Storage, Security and retention of your information
Spot On Gifts will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that Spot On Gifts uses and the security policies which Spot On Gifts has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
Spot On Gifts use the services of third party companies in order to operate our website and to ensure internet security for data storage and processing of transactions.
In addition to the storage of information on our secure server, Spot On Gifts keeps a backup of the data on an ICloud service and also an offline backup that is not located on the premises of Spot On Gifts.
To secure your personal information, access to your data is password protected, and sensitive information is protected by encryption when it is exchanged between your Web browser and our website. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential and not to share this information with anyone. To protect data stored on our servers, we regularly audit our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and we use only secured access data centres.
Whilst we will implement the security measures detailed above, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore transmission via the internet is at your own risk.
5. Use of Your Information
Spot On Gifts may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the GDPR) for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding Spot On Gifts (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
- For generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the Spot On Gifts website and other services and developing Spot On Gifts marketing plans.
Spot On Gifts may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the GDPR) as follows:
- If you have given your consent for Spot On Gifts to do so, to other selected freight organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email in regards to shipping your consignment;
- To such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Spot On Gifts compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Spot On Gifts and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring Spot On Gifts to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on Spot On Gifts website; and
- To any individual making a subject information request to Spot On Gifts.
In the event that Spot On Gifts is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant Spot On Gifts business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom Spot On Gifts is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on Spot On Gifts by the third party.
Spot On Gifts will use your information when booking consignments for dispatch with third party forwarding clients. These third party clients are GDPR compliant and are listed as follows:
– Parcel Force
– DSV Freight Consolidators
– TAS Transport
– Royal Mail
Spot On Gifts uses two main forms of online payment processing gateways, these are Sage Pay and PayPal both of which are GDPR compliant. In addition we provide the facility to pay for an order using online banking by sending us a direct bank transfer.
6. Your Rights and How to Exercise them under the GDPR
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation are as stated below; we have also included the methods of how to exercise these rights:
- The right to request and rectify your personal information at any time.
- The right to restrict and object to the processing of data.
- The right to object to direct marketing.
- The right to port your data.
- The right to withdraw consent and request the deletion on personal information at any time.
You can exercise any these rights by contacting us at email@example.com or our Data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org We hope that we can address any concerns that you may have, but you can always contact the information commissioner’s office (ICO). For more information, please visit www.ico.org.uk
7. How to contact Spot On Gifts with questions
Spot On Gifts
Unit 5 & 6
Abercorn Commercial Centre,
Manor Farm Road,
Alternately you can contact our customer service team by phone at: +44(0)20 8573 0803
The Data Protection officer (DPO) for Spot On Gifts is Dilip Raithatha. You can contact him at any time to request a record of your personal information that we hold or withdraw consent and request the deletion of your personal information. To contact the data protection officer please email him at email@example.com.
You can contact us at any time if you wish to request a copy of this privacy notice.
When you visit Spot On Gifts website, Spot On Gifts uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you’re use of the website. A number of cookies Spot On Gifts use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to Spot On Gifts website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to Spot On Gifts website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the Spot On Gifts website that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on Spot On Gifts website you may not be able to take full advantage of the website if you do so.
1. Our cookies
We have described the main cookies we use and what we use these for below:
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More Information|
|SQ_SYSTEM_SESSION||It stores your PHP sessionid so we can store data as part of the standard PHP session system.||If you are not logged in, it normally stores nothing, except the fact you are not logged in.|
2. Third party cookies
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More Information|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||This cookie is used to record that users have viewed the website. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.||When a user first opens their Web browser and then goes to a Web site that implements ASP.NET session state, a cookie is sent to the browser with the name “ASP.NET_SessionId"
The session ID is part of a cookie that is sent to the browser of the user.
The session ID is embedded in the URL. This technique is also known as a cookie-less session.
This cookie does not store personal data about you.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html|
3. Certain cookies are either set by third parties(links) on the Website or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
9. Third Party Websites
Please be aware that Spot On Gifts does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
a. To access certain parts of the Spot On Gifts website, Spot On Gifts may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
b. You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
i. provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data"); and
ii. maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.